PERSONAL INFORMATION PROTECTION POLICY
Sony Philippines, Incorporated (“the Company”) values and is committed to the protection of Personal Information. This Personal Information Protection Policy (“Policy”) explains the collection, processing and disclosure of your Personal Information pursuant to the Republic Act No. 10173, also known as the “Data Privacy Act of 2012” [An Act Protecting Individual Personal Information In Information And Communications System In The Government And The Private Sector, Creating For This Purpose A National Privacy Commission And For Other Purposes] which took effect on September 8, 2012 (the “Act”).
By visiting our website or by interacting with us or by providing Personal Information to us, or otherwise by acknowledging receipt of this Policy, you have read and consent and/or you are deemed to have read and consent to us using, collecting and processing your Personal Information in the manner described in this Policy.
Kindly note that the Company reserves the right to change, amend and/or vary this Policy at any time. You are advised to check this Policy from our website from time to time for amendments or updates.
B. Collection of Personal Information
The Company collects your personal data in the course of your dealings with us including:-
- Your personal details, including details relating to other person(s) who may be identified from the data;
- The contents of all information obtained from the membership and/or VIP forms and/or document(s) collected by us; and/or
- Other information (collectively referred to as “Personal Information”).
- Providing customer care and enhancing customer satisfaction, including but not limited to, resolving complaints, dealing with and/or responding to requests and enquiries, warranty, returns and other after sales services;
- To keep you informed of promotions, discounts, and/or events;
- To enhance our products and services;
- For internal record keeping, including but not limited to administration, processing, and matching any Personal Information held which relates to you for any of the purposes listed herein;
- For statistical analysis;
- For recruitment purposes;
- For information and security purposes, including but not limited to managing and administrating e-mail, handling and investigating any security related issue, vulnerability, and/or incidents;
- For the exercise of any functions conferred on any person by law and/or towards the administration of justice; and/or
- For any purpose incidental, ancillary or in furtherance to the abovementioned purposes (collectively referred to as “Purposes”).
D. Disclosure to Third Parties
If and when necessary, your Personal Information may be disclosed to the following third parties:
- Authorized agents, contractors and third party service providers who provide services to the Company and the Sony Group Companies (hereinafter defined) for any of the Purposes contemplated at Paragraph 2 above;
- External professional advisors and auditors;
- Governmental departments and authorities; and/or
- Any affiliated companies of Sony Corporation (“Sony Group Companies”).
E. Security of Personal Information
- The Company may transfer your Personal Information to any of the Sony Group Companies and/or any third party as set forth in Paragraph 3 above in, including but not limited to Japan, Singapore, UAE, United Kingdom, United States of America, and China. In the event that your Personal Information is transferred to a location outside of Philippines, including those indicated above, the Company shall ensure that confidentiality safeguards have been put in place to ensure your rights to Personal Information protection remains unaffected.
F. Access and Correction
- The Personal Information must be accurate, complete, not misleading and kept up-to-date. Should you be made aware of any inaccurate, incomplete or misleading Personal Information or where the Personal Information provided to us earlier have become incorrect or out of date, kindly notify us at the contact provided for in paragraph 9.
- You have the right to request access and correct your Personal Information and to withdraw your consent given to us hereunder. Such request however, may be subject to the requirements in the Act and the Company’s request procedure and a prescribed fee as applicable.
G. Retention Standard
- Any Personal Information shall not be kept longer than is necessary for the fulfilment of the Purposes abovementioned in Paragraph 2. We shall undertake to ensure that all Personal Information is destroyed or permanently deleted if it is no longer required for the Purposes for which it was to be processed.
I. Withdrawal of Consent, Access and Correction of your Personal Data
I.1. If you:
a. have any questions or feedback relating to your Personal Data or our Data Protection Policy;
b. would like to withdraw your consent to any use of your Personal Data as set out in this Data Protection Policy or otherwise; or
c. would like to make access or corrections to your Personal Data records, please fill up the Request Form and contact Sony as follows:
Request Form: Click Here
Email: PI_Inquiry.PH@ap.sony.com (Note: Not for Product inquiry)
Write in:Compliance Officer
Sony Philippines Inc.
11/F Marajo Tower #312 26th Street,
West cor. 4th Avenue, Bonifacio Global City,
Taguig Philippines 1634
Sony will generally be able to respond to such queries and/or requests within 30 days.
I.2. If you withdraw your consent to any or all use of your Personal Data, depending on the nature of your request, Sony may not be able to continue to provide its products and/or services to you.
- For all further queries or request(s) kindly contact:
Attention: Compliance Officer of Sony Philippines Incorporated
Address: 11/F Marajo Tower, #312 26th Street West cor. 4th Avenue, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig Philippines 1634