Full Specifications and Features
Full Specifications and Features
Size & Weight
- MAIN UNIT SIZE – BODY ONLY (W X H X D)
- 1000 x 64 x 99 mm
- MAIN UNIT WEIGHT – BODY ONLY
- 3.1 kg
- SUBWOOFER SIZE (W X H X D)
- 190 x 382 x 386 mm
- SUBWOOFER WEIGHT
- 8.1 kg
- Amplifier Type
- S-Master HX
- Power Output (Total)
- 400 W
- Subwoofer Type
- Wireless Subwoofer
- Input and Output Terminals
- HDMI™(ARC), Optical-audio input, Analog in (stereo mini), USB type A, Ethernet
- IEEE802.11 version
- 11a/b/g/n (2.4 Ghz/5 GHz)
- RX (Receiver)/TX (Transmitter)
- Bluetooth® version
- version 4.2
- Number of Input/Output
- Input / Output: 2/1 (ARC)
- Dolby Vision™ Compatible
- HLG (hybrid log gamma)
- BRAVIA® Sync
- HDMI CEC
- HDMI input
- Dolby® Digital, Dolby Digital Plus™, Dolby® TrueHD, Dolby Atmos®, Dolby® Dual mono, DTS®, DTS-HD High-Resolution Audio™, DTS-HD Master Audio™, DTS-ES, DTS 96/24, DTS:X™, LPCM(2ch/5.1ch/7.1ch), DSD (2ch/5.1ch),
- Optical Input
- Dolby® Digital, Dolby® Dual mono, DTS®, LPCM 2ch
- DSD (.dsf/.diff), Wav, Flac, Alac (.m4a only), AIFF, HE AAC, AAC, mp3, Monkey Audio, WMA, Ogg Vorbis
- Bluetooth® (Receiver)
- SBC, AAC, LDAC™
- Bluetooth® (Transmitter)
- SBC, LDAC™
- Sound Mode
- Auto Sound, Theater, Music, Game Studio, News, Sports, Standard
- Sound Effect
- Night Mode, Voice Mode
- Virtual Surround Technology
- S-Force PRO/Vertical Surround Engine
- Speaker Structure
- bar speaker
- Network Function
- Chromecast built-in, works with Google Assistant, Spotify Connect (this feature will be made available via a future firmware update), and DLNA (this feature will be made available via a future firmware update)
- Wireless Surround
- Wireless Surround (with optional wireless speakers)
- TV Wireless connection
- Wireless Multi-room
- Power Consumption
- BAR 52 W/Subwoofer 20 W
- Power consumption(on Remote Start mode)
- BAR 0.5 W/SW 0.5 W (Network/Bluetooth® standby off)
- Yes (with supplied bracket)
What's In The Box
- Remote control
- Batteries for remote commander
- HDMI™ Cable, Wall Hanging Bracket
Hear sound from all directions with max 7.1.2 surround sound
Vertical Surround Engine, our latest surround technology lets you enjoy the thrill of the latest theater audio formats like Dolby Atmos and DTS:X in a single slim unit. No matter what type of room you're in, its three front speakers reproduce "vertical" audio, creating virtual surround sound that seems to come from all around you.
Everything upscaled close to 7.1.2ch
Now you can enjoy everything you watch in maximum 7.1.2ch sound. Our advanced digital signal processing converts any audio to immersive surround with just the click of a button on the remote.
The perfect setting for every sound
Select a sound mode best suited to the entertainment with a direct key on your remote control. Go deeper into movies with Theater mode, and experience more action from your game play thanks to Game mode created by Playstation developers. Sport mode fine tunes ambient crowd noise so you can feel the pitch-side action, while Music mode lets you hear the detail in every song. News mode is designed for clear dialog.
Bring your equipment together
Connect via HDMI, LAN Connection, USB and more to enjoy music and movies from different sources.
Enjoy all your movies in 4K HDR quality
With the latest 4K HDR 18 Gbps pass through and HDCP 2.2, the HT-Z9F is made for the latest home theater formats including HDR10, Dolby Vision, and Hybrid-Log Gamma.
The Way The Artists Truly Intended
Enjoy the subtlest nuances of studio-quality sound in higher-than-CD quality with High-Resolution Audio. Passion for music unites every component from signal to speaker so it feels like the artist is performing right in front of you.
Wirelessly connect to online music streaming with built-in Wi-Fi.
Stream music wirelessly with Bluetooth® technology.
Enhance the detail with DSEE HX™
DSEE HX™ upscales your existing music to near high-resolution sound quality.
Stream music throughout the house
Use the Sony | Music Center App (previously called SongPal) to group selected Sony soundbars and speakers together, then stream music in multiple rooms.
Connect to rear speakers
Extend your surround sound setup with wireless rear speakers.