The CD, DVD or Blu-ray Disc optical drive will not read a disc or is not working properly.
- Determine if your computer has a Blu-ray Disc® optical drive .
- Before beginning this procedure, download and install any updated drivers that may be available.
- It is advised to use the VAIO Care™ hardware diagnostics to help resolve your issue.
- Restart the computer.
NOTE: Wait a few seconds for the disc to be detected before double-clicking the drive to access it.
- Ensure the disc is clean and free of smudges, fingerprints and scratches, and that it is inserted correctly.
NOTE: The label should be facing up for CDs and single sided DVD and Blu-ray Disc (BD) discs.
- Try a different disc in the drive.
IMPORTANT: If another disc works in the drive, the disc may be damaged in some way or is not readable.
- Turn off the computer.
- Unplug the computer from the AC power outlet for 30 seconds, then plug it back into a known working AC outlet.
- If the drive is removable, ensure the drive is properly connected and has power.
- Turn on the computer.
- If the computer is connected to a network, ensure the drive letter normally assigned to the optical drive is not assigned to a network drive or other resource.
- Ensure no hardware resource conflicts are present.
- Ensure a third-party application is not blocking access to the drive.
- Ensure that there are no items in Startup or System Services causing a conflict.
- Perform a system restore to a point when the CD, DVD or BD drive was functioning properly.
- Check for a possible virus on the computer.
- Remove upper and lower filters in the registry .
- Perform a system recovery.
The troubleshooting steps listed above should resolve your issue. If you have completed all of the steps and the issue is not resolved, service may be required.