- Remove any obstacles (body, metal, wall, etc.) between the mobile device and the audio device, or bring the devices closer together.
- Devices that use a 2.4 GHz frequency band, such as a microwave oven, a Bluetooth or digital cordless device, and the like, may interrupt communication. Move these devices away or turn them off.
- There are some devices that can have the wireless playback quality changed, depending on the audio device. In this case, select "Priority on stable connection" for the wireless playback quality. For details, refer to the operating instructions supplied with the audio device.
Additionally, if you are using some device that runs on Android 8.0 or later, change the Music Center's wireless playback quality to [Prioritize Connection (Auto)]. You can change the wireless playback quality from  on the right side of the Music Center screen - [Music Center Settings] - [Bluetooth Output Settings].
- Restarting the mobile device may help solve the problem.
- When many apps are running on the mobile device, the operation may slow down and the Bluetooth communication may be interrupted. Try the following:
- Exit the unused apps.
- Restart the mobile device.
- Free up the memory of the mobile device.