Follow the steps below to troubleshoot if there is no sound being recorded with your movies when using an external microphone with the Sony® XLR adapter.
NOTE: Because each of these steps represents a possible solution to this issue, check the audio status of the recorded movie after completing each step.
- Make sure the connector plug is securely attached to the Multi-Interface Shoe on the camera.
- Make sure that Audio Recording is set to On in the camera.
- Make sure the external microphone is connected to the INPUT1 jack of the XLR Adaptor.
IMPORTANT: The sound cannot be recorded if the REC CH SELECT switch of the XLR adaptor is set to CH1·CH2 and the microphone is connected to INPUT2.
- If you are using the microphone supplied with the XLR adaptor or a +48V (phantom power) microphone, set the INPUT1 switch to MIC+48V.
- If you are using a battery-powered microphone or a microphone that does not need a power supply, set the INPUT1 switch to MIC.
- If you are using an external audio device (mixer, etc.) set the INPUT1 switch to LINE.