The camcorder does not seem to connect to a computer via USB
First, make sure your computer meets the system requirements for your camera and install the software and driver supplied with your camera.
To connect the camera to the computer using the USB cable, try the following:
- Set the USB Connect setting of your camera to AUTO or Mass Storage - you can do this in the setup menu - and make sure the storage card is inserted and has been detected by the camera
- Connect the camera directly to a USB port - don't use a port replicator or USB hub
- Make sure the USB ports on both the camera and computer are not dusty or dirty
- Make sure the USB cable is securely fitted to the camera and the computer.
- Turn the computer on and wait until it has booted completely
You'll see a confirmation message in the taskbar when the camera is ready to use.
If the AutoPlay window does not pop up, check if the camera is listed as a removable disk in the Windows Explorer.
If the camera is not detected, try the following:
- Disconnect the USB cable from both the computer and the camera, and connect it again firmly
- Disconnect all equipment other than the camera, the keyboard and the mouse from the USB connectors of your computer
- Connect the camera to another USB port
- Connect the camera using another USB cable
You can use the Windows Update function to update the drivers or check the USB controller in the device manager of the computer. If the device manager shows an exclamation mark for the USB controller, the USB controller is not installed properly.
If none of the above works, try to connect to another computer. If you have the same problem on another computer, your camera may be faulty. Contact us.