About this download
This software allows you to convert your ATRAC 3 file format library to MP3 so they can be played on the WALKMAN. This sofware does not allow you to convert DRM (Digital Right Management) files purchased from CONNECT Music Store.
Below are the minimum requirements to use the software.
Computer: IBM PC/AT or compatible computer preinstalled with the following Windows operating systems:
- Windows XP Home Edition (Service Pack 2 or later)
- Windows XP Professional Edition (Service Pack 2 or later)
- Windows XP Media Center Edition (Service Pack 2 or later)
- Windows XP Media Center Edition 2004 (Service Pack 2 or later)
- Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 (Service Pack 2 or later)
- Windows Vista Home Basic
- Windows Vista Home Premium
- Windows Vista Business
- Windows Vista Ultimate
*64 bit versions of the operating system are not supported.
CPU: Pentium III 450MHz or higher (For Windows Vista, Pentium III 800MHz or more)
RAM: 128MB or more (For Windows Vista, 512MB or more)
Screen Resolution: 800 × 600 pixels (or higher)(recommended 1,024 × 768 or higher)
Colors: High Color (16 bit)(or higher)
We do not guarantee operation for all computers even if they meet the above System Requirements.
Note: This software is not supported in the following environments.
- Operating System other than the ones indicated above.
- Self assembled computers or Operating Systems
- An environment that is an upgrade of the original manufacturer-installed operating system.
- Multi-boot environment
File Name: MP3ConversionTool.exe
Download size: 2.8 MB
Updated on: 30th January 2008
- MP3 Conversion Tool Version 1.0.1
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista
Please follow the steps below to download the MP3 Conversion Tool.
- Prior to the download, close all programs that are currently opened.
- Set up the folder for storing the downloaded file on the hard disk.
- Assume the folder is named mp3ct_dl and it is created in C drive.
- Download the file MP3ConversionTool.exe (2.8MB) on the folder created at Step 2.
- After the download is completed, select Views -> Details in the Explorer to check the file size. If the file size is not the same as the file size showing above, try to download the file again.
Note: Do not make the system go into suspend, sleep, and hibernation mode during the download.
Starting MP3 Conversion Tool
Once the download of MP3ConversionTool.exe is completed, please follow the steps below to use the MP3 Conversion Tool on the computer.
- Close all the programs that are currently opened.
- Click Start and select Run.
- At the Run box, type Input C:\mp3ct_dl/ MP3ConversionTool.exe in there, and click OK.
(For Windows Vista, Click Start on the task tray and input the word on Start Search.)
- MP3 Conversion Tool window will appear.
- Audio data purchased from a music distribution service on the internet cannot be converted.
- When converting ATRAC files to MP3 files, the ATRAC files are not deleted. Users can also delete the ATRAC files by setting on the Option.
- OpenMG Secure Module must be installed in the computer.
- When OpenMG Secure Module is not installed in the computer, the following error dialog is displayed.
- If OpenMG Secure Module is not installed in the computer, please install latest SonicStage from the Support web site.