This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and improvements
- Improves an issue where the device is disabled after connecting with a device running iOS 13 via Bluetooth.
Previous Benefits and Improvements
- Resolves an issue where sound from the right headphone is interrupted due to how it is being worn
- Resolves an issue where the right headphone does not charge, even when inserted into the case
- Solves an intermittent charging problem of the headphones
- Improves general performance
- Addresses an issue where, in rare cases, the sound is interrupted between songs when Bluetooth connects with sound quality priority
- Adjusts the volume of the voice guidance
- Improves stability
- Optimises the volume (for Europe only)
- Resolves the issue of when inserting the headset into the charging case when Bluetooth is connected, the headset is not turned off and the battery is drained
- Resolves an issue where speech may not be audible from the left side when connected to a smartphone
The latest version of the firmware update is compatible with most commonly used versions of Microsoft Windows:
- Windows 10
- Windows 8.1
IMPORTANT: Not supported by OSs other than specified above.
Note: Not supported in Windows XP compatibility mode.
- Firmware Update version 1.06 for WF-SP900 (Windows)
- Version 1.06
- 47.2 MB (49,507,768 byte)
Check the firmware version
Do I need to download it? This update is not necessary if your headphones have already been updated to firmware version 1.06 by the automatic firmware update function.
If you're not sure, it's easy to check which version of firmware you have:
- Connect the headphones to your computer via the charging case (supplied).
- On your computer, check the "information.txt" file in the [HEADSET] folder.
- The "information.txt" file contains the following information:
- 01: Model series name
- 02: System software version
Soon after the software update, information about the previous version before the update is shown in the "information.txt". To get the latest version information, remove the headphone from the charging case and reattach it again.
Before you upgrade
- After updating, the firmware cannot be reverted to an earlier version.
- Please transfer all data from the unit to the computer. Data that remains on the unit may be lost when upgrading.
We cannot guarantee that tracks and data will not be damaged or deleted when performing this update.
- When upgrading, the unit needs to have around 100 MB of free space. Please check that there is sufficient free space.
- If there is not enough free space in the built-in flash memory, transfer any unnecessary data back to the computer to increase free space.
- When installing this file, make sure that you are logged in as the Administrator or as a user with administrative rights.
- For Windows 10 users or Windows 8.1 users, "Windows needs your permission to continue" message appears in the User Account Control dialogue box. Click [Continue] to proceed and follow the announcements.
The WF-SP900 firmware update is only possible via PC.
The firmware update is not available with the "Sony | Headphones Connect" application.
Step 1: Install the update
- Read and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Download the file to your computer.
- Once the download is complete, connect your headphones to your PC via the supplied charging case.
- Close all software running on your computer.
- Double-click the saved file and follow the on-screen instructions.
While the system software is updating, note the following.
- Do not open the charging case.
- Do not remove either of the units from the charging case.
- When the message indicating that the upgrade is complete displays, click [Finish].
Step 2: Check the update was successful
After the update, please confirm that the new version has been installed successfully by following the steps in the [Check the firmware version] section.
If the Firmware version shown is "1.06", the upgrade was successful.