IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
Depending on the connection method or settings, it varies whether you can playback the content with DTS:X format, or how the front panel displays the audio format.
If DTS appears on the Sound Bar front panel display even when DTS:X content is being played, check the connection method:
- The Sound Bar is connected to a Blu-ray Disc Player using HDMI cable
- The Sound Bar is connected to a TV (HDMI (eARC) port) using HDMI cable
- With the following settings, DTS appears on the front panel display even if DTS:X content is playing. Regardless of what is shown on the display, the audio is decoded to DTS:X:
- Sound Mode is set to STANDARD, or CINEMA
- Sound Mode is set to MUSIC, and Immersive Audio Enhancement is set to ON
- With the following connection method, you cannot play in DTS:X even when DTS:X content is playing from Blu-ray Disc Player:
- The Sound Bar is connected to a Blu-ray Disc Player using optical digital cable
- The Sound Bar is connected to a TV (HDMI (ARC) port) using HDMI cable