Follow the procedure below to troubleshoot if the DCIM folder is missing when attempting to view the images on a computer.
- Set the USB Connection to Mass Storage as follows: MENU → (Setup) → USB Connection → Mass Storage
NOTE: Depending on the model, the displayed content or setting method may differ. For details, refer to the model instruction manual.
- Ensure the USB Drive or Removable Disk icon is really the camera.
Example of the USB Drive icon for Windows 10
- Configure the computer to show all hidden files and folders .
- If the DCIM folder now appears, then the folder has hidden attributes that may need to be removed.
- If the DCIM folder still does not appear, then the folder may have been deleted.