This information is for the following models:
IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
About this download
Benefits and Improvements from the latest update
- Improves secure communication
- Makes Spotify Connect available to use, even with a free account
IMPORTANT: This firmware update must be performed in order to keep using the Chromecast built-in music distribution service. If you do not manually install the update, it will be automatically installed at a time when there is an active network connection available, and the device is not being used.
Previous Benefits and Improvements
- Improves secure communication
- Added Speaker Add function
- Added Voice guidance for Bluetooth pairing mode
- Supporting Spotify Playback on Chromecast built-in
- Operation and stability improvements
- Added Multi Room function via Google Cast
- Support music playback from SCMS-T devices via Bluetooth during Wireless Surround Function
- Added "Wireless surround & Wireless Stereo" function
- Support Hi-Res Audio Contents via Google Cast
- Support mirroring function
(Availability subjected to country by Google Inc.)
- Firmware update 6.05 for SRS-HG1
Check the firmware version
If the version is displayed as "5.02" or lower, we strongly recommend for you to update the firmware.
If you're not sure, it's easy to check which version of the firmware you currently have:
- Connect the unit to the same Wi-Fi network as your smartphone, using “Sony | Music Center (SongPal)” application.
- Start up “Sony | Music Center (SongPal)” application on your smartphone.
- Select “SRS-HG1”
- Select “Settings”
- Select “Other Settings”
- Confirm the SRS-HG1 firmware version
The software Update is available via internet (network). Please check the following steps.
Note: You cannot update to the latest software, if the set is NOT connected to the internet (network).
- If the power indicator on the unit keeps flashing in Green, even after pushing the power button, push the “RESET” button located at the bottom of the unit.
- Please make sure your unit is connected to a power outlet via the USB AC adaptor before starting the update.
- Connect to a power supply outlet
- Use the USB AC adapter and supplied micro USB cable to connect the unit's DC IN 5V port to a power outlet.
- Connect to the internet (network)
- Connecting using “Sony | Music Center (SongPal)” application on your mobile device
- Connecting via Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS)
- Connecting using a PC
- If the speaker is turned on, press the (on/standby) button, and turn it off
- Plug the AC power cord connected to the AC adaptor into an AC outlet securely
Note: The software update cannot be performed when the unit is only relying on the battery for power
- Press the (on/standby) button to turn the power on
- Wait until the LINK indicator stops flashing and stays lit in orange. Whenever a software update becomes available, the WPS/UPDATE button lights up
- Tap and hold the WPS/UPDATE button until you hear beeps. When the software update starts, the WPS/UPDATE button starts flashing.Note: The speaker is not operational while updating
- The blinking (interval and condition) of the WPS/UPDATE button changes during the update progress
- The WPS/UPDATE button turns off and the speaker switches to standby mode or BLUETOOTH/Network standby mode automatically after the update is completed
- Check the version by following the steps described under Check the firmware version to confirm the update has been performed successfully.
Questions & Answers
All the function LEDs are lit up
The software update failed. Press the (on/standby) button to turn off the speaker, then turn it on again.Make sure the speaker is connected to the internet and the WPS/UPDATE button is lit, then start updating again.