An LED LCD TV uses light-emitting diodes as its source of light for the television.
The following is a list of advantages when comparing a Sony LED LCD TV and a Sony LCD TV.
- Generally have 20-30 percent lower power consumption
- An LED LCD TV is about one third as thick and about half the weight of a similarly-sized standard LCD TV.
- An LED LCD TV will produce a more vibrant and colorful image.
- An LED LCD TV can produce an image with greater dynamic contrast.
- An LED LCD TV is designed with parts that are more environmentally friendly.