Depending on the TV model, pressing the DISPLAY button or CC button on the supplied remote control displays and removes XDS and CC information from the screen.
- A TV cannot display CC information if it is not provided by the program provider.
- Sony TVs do not provide an option for CC information to be displayed in different languages.
- Turning CC options on when the TV is set to the tuner input activates CC information for all VIDEO input jacks.
- XDS cannot be activated or disabled when a television is set to a VIDEO input.
- TVs manufactured before July of 1993 may not have CC options.
- If XDS or CC options on a TV have been disabled, but it still displays on the screen, then the information may be coming from a cable box or satellite receiver. If this is the case, using the remote control for the cable box or satellite receiver to remove XDS or CC is necessary.
NOTE: The procedure to configure XDS and CC options varies by TV model. For model-specific information, consult the instruction manual of the TV.