Full Specifications and Features
Full Specifications and Features
- Model year
Dimensions and Weight
- Screen Size (inch, measured diagonally)
- 85 in (84.6 in)
- SCREEN SIZE (CM, MEASURED DIAGONALLY)
- 215 cm
- Dimension of TV without Stand (W x H x D)
- Approx. 75 x 43 3/4 x 3 3/8"
- Dimension of TV with Stand (W x H x D)
- Approx. 75 5/8 x 44 x 16 7/8"
- Dimension of TV with Floor Stand (W x H x D)
- Dimension of Package Carton (W x H x D)
- Approx. 79 5/8 x 48 7/8 x 10 1/4"
- Stand Width
- Approx. 1920 mm
- VESA® Hole Pitch(W x H)
- 400 x 400 mm
- Weight of TV without Stand
- Approx. 144.6 Ib
- Weight of TV with Stand
- Approx. 149.4 Ib
- Weight of TV with floor stand
- Weight of Package Carton (Gross)
- Approx. 178.5 Ibs
- Wi-Fi Standard
- Wi-Fi Certified 802.11a/b/g/n/ac
- Ethernet inputs
- Bluetooth profile support
- Version 4.2; HID (mouse/keyboard connectivity)/HOGP (Low Energy device connectivity)/SPP (Serial Port Profile)/A2DP (stereo audio)/AVRCP (AV remote control)
- CHROMECAST BUILT-IN
- APPLE AIRPLAY
- APPLE HOMEKIT
- RF (Terrestrial/Cable) Connection Input(s)
- IF (satellite) input(s)
- Component Video (Y/Pb/Pr) Input(s)
- Composite Video Input(s)
- RS-232C Input(s)
- HDMI inputs total
- HDCP2.3 (for HDMI™ 1/2/3/4)
- Features specified in HDMI2.1
- HDMI Audio Return Channel（ARC)
- Yes (eARC/ARC)
- Digital Audio Output(s)
- Headphone Output(s)
- Audio Output(s)
- Subwoofer Output(s)
- USB ports
- 2 (side), 1 (bottom)
- USB HDD Recording
- USB drive format support
- USB playback codecs
- MPEG1: MPEG1/MPEG2PS: MPEG2/MPEG2TS (HDV, AVCHD): MPEG2, AVC/MP4 (XAVC S): AVC, MPEG4, HEVC/AVI: Xvid, MotionJpeg/ASF (WMV): VC1/MOV: AVC, MPEG4, MotionJpeg/MKV: Xvid, AVC, MPEG4, VP8.HEVC/WEBM: VP8/3GPP: MPEG4, AVC/MP3/ASF (WMA) /LPCM/WAV/MP4AAC/FLAC/JPEG; WEBM: VP9/AC4/ogg/AAC/ARW (Screen nail only)
- Display type
- Display resolution (H x V, pixels)
- 7680 x 4320
- Viewing Angle (X-Wide Angle)
- Backlight type
- Direct (Full Array LED)
- Backlight dimming type
- Local Dimming
- HDR (High Dynamic Range) compatibility
- Yes (HDR10, HLG, Dolby Vision)
- Picture processor
- Picture Processor X1™ Ultimate
- Clarity enhancement
- 8K X-Reality™ PRO, Dual database processing, Object-based Super Resolution
- Color enhancement
- Live Color™ Technology, Precision Color Mapping, Super bit mapping™ HDR, TRILUMINOS™ Display
- Contrast enhancement
- 8K X-tended Dynamic Range™ PRO, Dynamic Contrast Enhancer, Object-based HDR remaster
- Motion enhancer (Native Hz)
- X-Motion Clarity, Auto mode
- Video signal support
- HDMI™ signal :7680 x 4320p (24,25,30,50,60 Hz), 4096 x 2160p (24,50,60 Hz), 3840 x 2160p (24,25,30,50,60,100,120 Hz), 1080p (30,50,60,100,120 Hz), 1080/24p, 1080i (50,60 Hz), 720p (30,50,60 Hz), 720/24p, 576p, 480p
- Picture modes
- Vivid,Standard,Cinema,Game,Graphics,Photo,Custom,Dolby Vision Bright,Dolby Vision Dark,Netflix calibrated
- NETFLIX CALIBRATED MODE
Sound (Speakers and Amplifier)
- Audio Power Output
- 12.5 W + 12.5 W + 12.5 W + 12.5 W + 5 W + 5 W
- Speaker Type
- Acoustic Multi-Audio; Frame Tweeter
- Speaker Configuration
- Mid Range x 2, Subwoofer x 2, Tweeter x 2
- Dolby audio format support
- Dolby™ Audio, Dolby™ Atmos
- DTS audio format support
- DTS Digital Surround
- ACOUSTIC AUTO CALIBRATION
- VOICE ZOOM
- Voice Zoom
- FM Radio
- Sound processing
- Simulated surround sound
- S-Force Front Surround
- Sound modes
- Standard, Dialog, Cinema, Music, Sports, Dolby Audio
- TV CENTER SPEAKER MODE
- Operating System
- On-board Storage (GB)
- 16 GB
- Display Language
- AFRIKAANS, AMH, ARABIC, ASSAMESE, AZE, BEL, BULGARIAN, BENGALI, BOSNIAN, CATALAN, CZECH, DANISH, DEU, GREEK, ENGLISH, SPANISH, ESTONIAN, BAQ, PER, FINNISH, FRENCH, GLG, GUJARATI, HINDI, CROATIAN, HUNGARIAN, INDONESIAN, ISL, ITALIAN, HEBREW, JAPANESE, KAZAKH, KANNADA, KOR, KIR, LAO, LITHUANIAN, LATVIAN, MACEDONIAN, MALAYALAM, MON, MARATHI, MAY, BUR, NOB, NEP, NLD, ORIYA, PANJABI, POLISH, PORTUGUESE, ROMANIAN, RUSSIAN, SOL, SLOVENIAN, ALB, SERBIAN, SWEDISH, SWAHILI, TAMIL, TELUGU, THAI, TGL, TURKISH, UKRAINIAN, URD, UZB, VIETNAMESE, SIMPLIFIED CHINESE, TRADITIONAL CHINESE, ZULU
- Text Input Language
- Voice Search
- (Voice Search)Yes/(Built-in Mic)Yes
- Electronic Program Guide (EPG)
- Internet Browser
- Application Store
- Yes (Google Play Store)
- On/Off Timer
- Sleep Timer
- Auto Calibration with CalMAN®
- Closed Captions (Analog/Digital)
- (Analog) No, (Digital)Caption
Power and Energy saving
- Energy Level Rating
- SCREEN SIZE (CM, MEASURED DIAGONALLY)
- 215 cm
- Screen Size (inch, measured diagonally)
- 85 in (84.6 in)
- Annual Energy Consumption*
- Power Consumption (in Standby)
- Power Consumption (Networked Standby Mode) — Terminals
- PEAK LUMINANCE RATIO
- Presence of lead
- Mercury content (mg)
- 0.0 mg
- Power Consumption (On Mode) for Energy Star
- Power Consumption (Standby Mode) for Energy Star
- Energy Star® compliant
- Power Requirements (voltage/frequency)
- 50/60 Hz, AC 110-240 V
- Power Saving Mode/Back Light Off Mode
- Dynamic Backlight Control
- BEZEL DESIGN
- Aluminum Bezel
- BEZEL COLOR
- Dark Silver
- Stand design
- Premium Blade Stand
- STAND COLOR
- Dark Chrome
- STAND POSITION
- 2-way position (narrow position)
- REMOTE CONTROL
- Premium Backlit Remote
- Number of Tuners (Terrestrial/Cable)
- 1 (Digital/Analog)
- Number of Tuners (Sat)
- TV System (Analog)
- Tuner Channel Coverage (Analog)
- VHF: 2-13/UHF: 14-69/CATV: 1-135
- TV System (Digital Terrestrial)
- Tuner Channel Coverage (Digital Terrestrial)
- VHF: 7-13/UHF: 14-69
- TV System (Digital Cable)
- TV System (Digital Sat)
- Screen Reader
- Audio Description (Audio key)
- Closed Caption
- Text Magnification
- Accessibility Shortcut
- Voice Search
- Optional accessories
- Wallmount Bracket (SU-WL450 [Terminal access limitation]) Depends on country selection
What's In The Box
- Table-Top Stand
- Voice Remote Control
- AC Power Cord
- AC Plug Converter
- Operating Instructions
- Quick Setup Guide
Extraordinary resolution, whatever you’re watching
Any kind of content can be upconverted to lifelike 8K resolution with Sony’s unique features. Our X1™ Ultimate, twice as fast as the X1™ Extreme, precisely analyzes and processes data to power 8K pictures with four times the resolution of 4K—for scenes rich in depth, texture and detail. Even images filmed in 4K and 2K are upscaled close to 8K by 8K X-Reality™ PRO, using a unique 8K database. Resolution of each subject is then optimized by Object-based Super Resolution to reproduce virtually real-world textures.
Believe in precisely controlled true contrast
Generating brightness on an 8K panel can be difficult due to its low transmission rate. This 8K TV precisely balances light output across the screen to ensure scenes are full of breathtaking contrast. With zones of LEDs lit independently, Full Array LED provides more realistic contrast by making light areas lighter and dark areas darker. Contrast is further enhanced by 8K X-tended Dynamic Range™ PRO, which adjusts brightness for higher peaks in glare and deeper blacks in shadow.
Reproduces a wider, more precise range of colors
By widening the color spectrum, TRILUMINOS powered by our X1 processors reproduces more colors than a conventional television. It analyzes and processes data in every image to make colors even more natural and precise so pictures are closer than ever to real life.
Beautiful colors from all sides
Watching TV from the sides is now as satisfying as from the center. Sony's original optical design to control light from the backlight, the X-Wide Angle panel ensures colors stay true from wherever you're watching.
Making fast-moving scenes bright and clear
On some screens, sports and fast-action scenes can seem to go by in a blur. Our latest X-Motion Clarity™ technology keeps everything smooth, bright, and clear. Each "blink" is individually controlled and its duration optimized, while brightness is boosted when needed, so you won't miss a thing.
Super Bit Mapping HDR
There are thousands of tones, shades, and gradations of light in a sunset. Super Bit Mapping HDR reveals them all. It creates smooth, natural 8K TV picture quality as you watch, without the “banding” that can occur on other TVs.
Object-based HDR remaster
With Object-based HDR remaster, the color in individual objects on screen is analyzed and the contrast adjusted, unlike most TVs where contrast is only adjusted along one black-to-white contrast curve. Because objects are remastered individually, this TV can reproduce greater depth, textures and more realistic pictures.
Dual database processing
One database is used to clean the picture, reducing on-screen noise. The other is used to upscale the resolution, improving clarity. These two powerful image improvement databases work together, dynamically improving pixels in real time. Each database has tens of thousands of references, amassed from our experience creating content for TV and movies over the years.
Hear sound from the right place in the scene
Sound on conventional TVs with a speaker located below the screen is often out of sync with the picture. Our Acoustic Multi-Audio™ includes a vibrating-frame tweeter, a speaker that enables sound to follow the action for a truly immersive experience. Independent amps are controlled separately to precisely manage sound-positioning of this speaker in high tone areas, enhancing sound pressure and stability for more realism.
TV center speaker mode: The centerpiece of breathtaking sound
Use your BRAVIA as a center speaker and hear dialogue, vocals and instruments with exceptional clarity. Simply connect your home theater system to unleash an immersive cinematic experience.
Enjoy multidimensional sound with S-Force Front Surround
Hear sound as you would from a separate multi surround speaker. By upconverting inputs, S-Force Front Surround virtually reproduces a multi surround speaker system within your TV so you can enjoy all the thrills of more immersive sound.
Clearly hear voices
With Voice Zoom, you can hear human speech clearly without having to turn up the volume—ideal for news bulletins and documentaries.
Power your soundtracks
With a subwoofer integrated into the rear of the TV, you’ll hear more dynamic, bass-heavy sound—ideal for action movies and music.
Supreme pictures and sound, whatever the environment
Sit back and enjoy the best possible viewing experience. Sony’s unique ambient optimization technology automatically adjusts picture and sound to your environment.
One-Slate design concept
Our slim and simple one-slate design keeps you focused on the screen, while blending harmoniously in any room environment.
Keeps you focused on the picture, not the television.
Discrete stand, dual position
Our noise-less stand sits discreetly on a shelf and won’t compromise your viewing experience. With wide and narrow settings, you can use it on large or small shelves.
Cable clutter minimized
Cable holders keep wires neatly hidden so your television stays free of clutter and looks good from the front, the sides and the back.
Just talk and explore new worlds hands-free
Find all the entertainment you can dream of, simply by talking to the screen. With advanced voice control, this Android smart TV lets you enjoy movies and shows from apps, or broadcast in an instant without having to reach for the remote.
Over 5,000 apps, more than any other smart TV
Sony’s Android TV has an unbeatable number of apps. Choose the ones that make your life more fun and entertaining.
No more waiting
Apps start fast and there's no more waiting when you switch between apps—Netflix starts 3x faster than before.
Our Android TVs are recommended by Netflix
Netflix have created an easy way for you to identify TVs with better performance, easier app access, and new features that make for a better smart TV. Netflix-recommended TVs help you enjoy popular shows and movies with a dedicated button and voice control.
Connect with Your Alexa
Connect your Alexa-enabled devices for seamless hands-free control of your Sony TV. With Alexa, you can power up your TV, change channels, control volume and more.
Works with Google Home
Connect Google Home for seamless hands-free control of a Sony TV. With Google Home, you can find and cast your favorite videos to your Sony TV without lifting a finger.
Works with Apple AirPlay/Apple HomeKit
With Apple AirPlay, you can stream video and audio to your television right from your iPhone, iPad, or Mac. Watch movies and shows from Apple TV app, your favorite apps, or even Safari. Share your photos with everyone in the room.
Send to a bigger, better screen with Chromecast
Chromecast lets you cast your favorite videos, games, and apps from your mobile device in full quality to your TV. Just one tap of the Cast button on your Android or iOS screen is all you need to supersize the things you love. Cast your content, then continue browsing on your phone or tablet.
Our premium design remote in brushed aluminum with hairline finish feels good in the hand and harmonizes with your living room. Control your TV even if there are objects in the way with Bluetooth connectivity and use a variety of simple one-push buttons to easily manage key functions.
Easy control with smart remote
Connect set-top boxes and other devices via HDMI to your TV and control them all using one smart commander. A slimmer, more rounded design with built-in voice control microphone and enhanced button layout makes it really easy to use too.
Visible in the dark with backlit remote
Simply hold up the remote with integrated backlight to change channels and volume when watching TV in darkness.
Google Play™: a world of content and apps
Discover movies and TV shows, games and much more from Google Play™. Enjoy a huge and ever-growing choice of apps on your TV in a brand-new way.
Clear Phase for smooth, balanced frequencies
BRAVIA® uses a powerful computer model to analyze and compensate for inaccuracies in speaker response. It does this by "sampling" the speaker frequency with higher precision. This information is fed back to cancel out any peaks or dips in the speaker’s natural response—resulting in pure, natural audio with smooth, even reproduction of all frequencies.
Connect BLUETOOTH® compatible devices to your TV for easy wireless entertainment. Pair your Bluetooth headphones or earphones with BRAVIA and enjoy TV shows and music in your favorite places—without any disturbances or interruptions.
Enjoy studio quality with Netflix Calibrated Mode
This mode was specially developed to enjoy Netflix Originals and reproduce the same picture quality on a TV as on a studio evaluation master. With Netflix Calibrated Mode, the creator’s vision and intent is faithfully preserved.
Embrace the thrills of the movie theater
Enjoy cinematic thrills at home. Dolby Vision™ brings scenes vividly to life for authentic viewing, while Dolby Atmos™ fills the room with immersive surround sound.
Preserving the passion of the creators
To address color variations from the production process, this TV is ready to use Portrait Displays' high-performance Calman auto-calibration software. This allows an unprecedented level of calibration and the ability to fine-tune adjustments simply not possible through conventional picture settings. It delivers high-fidelity color reproduction that's true to the original TV signal, and can even adapt to the subtlest changes in color that may occur over time. This TV is Calman Ready, allowing customers to benefit from software used by visual creators in post-production quality-control workflows, further demonstrating our commitment to deliver pictures with professional-grade-color-calibrated accuracy in the home.