A moisture condensation error (C:21:00) is displayed on the viewfinder or LCD screen.
The Self-diagnosis display (error code) C:21:00 appears.
When this occurs, turn off the camcorder and leave it in a place away from all moisture for about 1 hour, then turn it back on again.
You should be able to use the camcorder if the warning indicator does not appear.
- For tape recording camcorder
Remove the cassette tape, turn off the Handycam with the media compartment open and leave it. Leaving the cassette tape with moisture condensed in the Handycam may cause damage to the cassette tape and tape head or a malfunction to the Handycam.
- For DVD recording camcorder
Turn off the camcorder without removing the DVD and leave it.
- Moisture condensation normally occurs when the camcorder is brought directly from a cold place to a warm place, or vice versa. Moisture can condense and cause a malfunction inside the camcorder, on the recording media, or on the lens, in the following circumstances:
- When brought in from cold winter conditions to a place where there is heating
- In the summer, when taken from an air-conditioned room or car out to the hot outdoors
- After squall or rain shower
- In hot and humid places, such as a hot spring or where there is steam
- To prevent moisture condensation, before moving from one temperature extreme to another, place the camcorder in a plastic bag and seal it tightly. Remove the camcorder once the air temperature inside the plastic bag has reached the same temperature as the surrounding air.
If the issue is still unresolved, service may be required.Go to Product Repair.