The Panel refresh function is available for models equipped with an Organic EL (OLED) panel and are used to prevent image retention.
If you manually run Panel refresh, follow the steps below.
- Open the Settings screen. How to access Settings
- The next steps will depend on your TV menu options:
- Select Display & Sound — Expert panel settings — Panel refresh.
- Select Display — Expert panel settings — Panel refresh.
- Due to the characteristics of the material in Organic EL displays, pixels may degrade, and unevenness may become apparent on the screen.
- The Panel refresh function can affect the usable life of the panel. For this reason, please do not perform the Panel Refresh function more than once a year.
- The Panel refresh takes about one hour to complete.
- A white line may be displayed on the screen during the Panel refresh, this is not a malfunction of the TV.
- The Panel refresh function will only work when the room temperature is between 50 ºF and 104 ºF (10 ºC and 40 ºC).