JEITA A stands for Japan Electronic Information Technology Association (Ver 1.0).
JEITA A measuring standard is based on the following conditions:
1. Screen saver: None.
Right-click on the desktop→ Personalize →Screen saver→ None
2. Set VAIO Long Battery Life Wall Paper as Desktop background
Right-click on the desktop→ Personalize →Desktop Background and then select VAIO Long Battery Life Wall Paper (1280*800)
3. Volume control: Mute.
Select the Volume icon on the taskbar→ Right-click→ Open volume Mixer→ Mute
4. Switch off the Wireless LAN switch
Select the Wireless Function icon on the taskbar→ Right-click→ Show main dialog→ uncheck Enable Wireless LAN→ Click apply
5. Do NOT run the initial settings of McAfee Security Center
6. Hide floating windows of VAIO Smart Network
Select the VAIO Smart Network icon on the taskbar→ Right-click→ Exit
7. Turn off the Windows automatic updates
Start→ Control panel→ Windows update→ Automatic updating off
8. Close Windows Sidebar
Right-click the Windows Sidebar icon on the taskbar, and then select Exit
9. Close all active windows
Common settings in Control Panel - Power Options
Click and then VAIO Control Center - Power Management - Power Options. Disable the Automatically Hibernate when computer goes into a low-power state. option.
Control Panel - Power Options, Select VAIO Maximum Battery.
1. Turn off the display: Never
2. Put the computer to sleep: Never
Go to Change advanced power settings - VAIO Power Management tab
1. Display - Display Color: Medium (16 bit)
2. Other devices - CD/DVD/BD Drive: Auto Off
Adjust the brightness of the LCD
WXGA model: Change the brightness level to 3 with Fn & F5 or F6 key.
WXGA+ model: Change the brightness level to 0 with Fn & F5 or F6 key.
Please refer to the steps below.
1. Fully charge the battery of the VAIO computer.
2. Playback the video clip stored on the HDD drive continuously.
Note: Please refer to the information to obtain the testing media file.
a. Visit http://it.jeita.or.jp/mobile/e/index.html
b. Click 3. MPEG measurement file and click MPEG file for JEITA Battery Run Time Measurement Method approx. 30MB
c. Save the MPEG file onto the HDD drive.
3. Calculate the running time after unplugging the AC adaptor until the VAIO computer shuts down automatically.
For more information on JEITA A Battery Run Time Measurement Method for VAIO notebook, please visit the following website.