IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
Under certain conditions, the Touch Tracking function will be grayed out in the Setting menu and not available to use. Here are the setting conditions in which the Touch Tracking function will be unavailable.
- When touching the panel activates Spot Focus:
- When File Format is set to XAVC S 4K, and Proxy Recording is set to On in the movie mode
- When 4K Output Select is set to Memory Card+HDMI in the movie mode while outputting images via HDMI
- When SteadyShot is set to Intelligent Active in the movie mode (Intelligent Active not available on all models)
- When Record Setting is set to 120p / 100p in the movie mode
- When touching the panel activates Touch Focus:
- When Scene Selection is Hand-held Twilight or Anti Motion Blur (Anti Motion Blur not available on all models)
- When Subject Detection under Face/Eye AF Set. is set to Animal (Except ILCE-9 ,ILCE-9M2, ILCE-7SM3 and ILCE-7C)
- When Focus Mode is set to DMF (Only for Cyber-shot)
- When touch operation is unavailable
- When shooting mode is set to Sweep Panorama (not available on all models)
- When Focus Mode is set to Manual Focus
- When using the Smart Zoom, Clear Image Zoom and Digital Zoom
- When using Smart Telecon (not available on all models)