Parental controls for restricting app use for my child after updating to Android™ 10
I cannot find Restricted profile after updating my TV.
IMPORTANT: This article only applies to specific products and/or operating systems. Please check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
The Restricted profile function is not supported after updating the OS to Android 10. To continue restricted use of apps, please utilize the Parental controls function.
To restrict use of apps, follow the steps below.
- On the supplied remote control, press the (Quick Settings) button, and then select Parental controls.
- Select Apps.
- Select Enter PIN.
- Enter your PIN number.
- Enable Restrict apps to customize app restrictions.
- Select each app that you want to restrict.
- The restricted apps will still display on the Home menu, but will require a PIN number to open the app.
- Make sure you do not forget your PIN number. If you forget your PIN number, you must perform the force factory data reset of the TV to clear the PIN.