Why doesn't USB CONNECT/CONNECTED appear when the Walkman is connected to the computer using the supplied USB cable?
Connectivity using the supplied USB Cable.
- The USB cable may not be connected to the computer USB port properly.
Disconnect the USB cable, and then reconnect it using the supplied USB cable.
- If you charge the player that has not been used for a long period, your computer may not recognize the player or nothing may appear on the display. Charge the player for about 5 minutes, and it starts operating properly.
- The USB port on your computer may have a problem. Connect the player to another USB port on your computer.
- If a USB HUB is used, disconnect the USB cable and connect the player directly to a USB port.
- Only USB HUBs with USB logo and self powered types can be used. (Not all USB HUBs with USB logo certification are guaranteed to operate normally with the unit.)
- If the computer is running another software other than the one used for transfering, disconnect the USB cable, wait a few minutes, and reconnect it. If the problem persists, disconnect the USB cable, restart the computer, and then reconnect the USB cable.
- USB CONNECT/CONNECTED may not appear on the player, depending on the software environment that is running on your computer.
Under the following conditions, your computer may not be able to detect the player even using the supplied cable.
- Missing device driver in the computer
- Incorrectly-configured USB root hub
- Malfunctioning or incorrectly-configured hardware/software (Computer)
- Out-of-date firmware or basic input/output system (BIOS)
- Corrupted USB driver in the computer
If the approaches listed above fail to resolve the issue, consult your nearest Sony dealer.