IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
Select your issue and follow each solution:
When the music does not pause after removing the headphones:
- Open the Sony | Headphones Connect app, and make sure that the Pauses when the headphones are taken off setting is set to ON.
- Touching the headphones with sweaty hands or using them in high temperature or high humidity may prevent detecting the wearing conditions. Dry the earpads completely before using them.
- Depending on the app, the music may not pause by removing the headphones. If this is the case, use your music streaming app to control music playback.
When the touch sensor control panel does not work:
- Check the settings and make sure that you operate the headphones properly:
- Open the Sony | Headphones Connect app, and make sure that the Touch sensor control panel is set to ON.
- Make sure that you wear the headphones to operate the touch sensor control panel. You cannot operate the touch sensor control panel when not wearing the headphones.
- Be sure to use the surface of your finger when operating the touch sensor control panel. The touch sensor control panel will not work properly with fingernails or while wearing gloves.
- When you wear the headphones over a cap, a scarf, or hair, etc., the sensors may not be able to detect that you are wearing them and may turn them off. Be sure to set the earpads over the ears.
- Learn the differences depending on the app or connecting method:
- Depending on the app, the touch sensor control panel may not work. If this is the case, use your music streaming app to control music playback.
- When you use the supplied headphone cable, you can only use Quick Attention Mode and Speak-to-Chat while connected to a device via that cable and with the headphones turned on. Adjusting the volume, playing or pausing music cannot be done in this situation.
- If the issue is not still resolved:
- Disable the Automatic Power Off setting. You can set it using the Sony | Headphones Connect app: System → Automatic Power Off, and select Do not turn off. Doing so can have the headphones activate the wearing detection function.
- Reset the headphones. If the issue still persists, then initialize the headphones.
Note: Resetting the headphones will not delete the paring information, while initialization returns the headphones to the factory settings and all Bluetooth pairing information is deleted.