Prior to following the steps in this answer, make sure that you understand and have met all of the playback requirements listed by the app provider. The following are links to some of the provider web sites where you can find playback requirement information.
* Not all content services are available in all countries.
The actual quality of the video recording on videos that can be instantly watched on your Internet video device will vary based on your Internet connection speed. Netflix video and other Internet video stations will automatically choose the video quality in order to give you the best image possible based on the speed of your Internet connection. The faster your Internet connection, the higher the quality of the video.
IMPORTANT: Some Internet video app will buffer if the speed of your Internet connection changes while playback is occurring. Disconnect or turn off other devices that may be on the same network and avoid doing things like playing online games and downloading and uploading files.
The following is a list of suggestions to try when high definition (HD) videos do not play or automatically play in an SD format:
- Download the latest firmware and software updates.
For details, refer to the How to perform a software update article.
Use a speed test tool on a computer to verify that the Internet connection being used is at least 10 Mbps for HD video.
- If your Internet speed is slower than expected, check to see if others in your household are accessing the Internet while you are trying to watch a movie. Downloading music, streaming media, and online game playing can substantially reduce the amount of Internet connectivity available for watching instantly.
- If using a wireless network connection, make sure you are close enough to your wireless LAN access point to ensure strong reception. In addition, keep in mind that the use of cordless phones and microwave ovens can cause interference with wireless networks.
- Consider using a wired connection from the Internet video device to your modem or router, to ensure a stable Internet connection.
If the steps above to not resolve the issue, it may be necessary to contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP).