How to send images to a mobile device using NFC One-touch sharing.
IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
- NFC function on the mobile device should be enabled.
- Sleep and lock-screen functions of the mobile device should be disabled.
- Latest version of Imaging Edge Mobile (PlayMemories Mobile successor) application should be installed on your mobile device.
- For movies, you can only transfer MP4 movies recorded with File Format set to MP4.
- The (N mark) should be displayed on the camera screen.
Follow these steps to transfer images:
- Playback an image on the camera to be sent to the mobile device.
NOTE: It is also possible to send multiple images. To do this, follow the steps below.
- Press MENU.
- Select (wireless).
- Select Send to Smartphone.
- Select This Image, All Images on This Date or Multiple Images.
- Wait for on-screen confirmation to connect, then connect the camera to the mobile device via NFC.
- Touch the mobile device to the camera for 1-2 seconds until Imaging Edge Mobile application launches.
NOTE: The position of the N mark on the camera differs depending on the model. Refer to the instruction manual supplied with the product. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
Image transfer will then start.
- The size of the image sent to the mobile device can be changed. To do this, follow the steps below.
- On your mobile device, open Imaging Edge Mobile application.
- Go to Settings.
- Select Copy Image Size.
- Select Original, 2M or VGA.
- The transferred images will be stored in the Imaging Edge Mobile folder.
- Some images may not be displayed on the mobile device depending on the recording format.
- RAW images are converted to JPEG format when they are sent.
- If the (image index) is displayed on the camera, image transfer using the NFC function will not be possible.
- Airplane Mode should be turned off on the camera and mobile device.
- Refer to the instruction manual supplied with the product for types of files that are supported with the One-touch sharing feature. Manuals are posted on your model support page.