- Update software,drivers,BIOS and firmware to the latest version or downloading the updates of software,drivers,BIOS and firmware.
There are three ways to update VAIO's software, drivers, BIOS and firmware.
Please note that the above methods are only suitable for the computers preinstalled with VAIO Update.
- Update the computer via VAIO Update（Only apply to the computers preinstalled with VAIO Update）.
- Please download updates from the VAIO Client Online Technology Support page.
User can update the Operating System to the latest version using the following methods.
- Update system via Windows Update（Automatic Updates).
By using this method, system updates on a regular basis can update the VAIO notebook to the latest version automatically.
- Please update the system using Released Updates in the VAIO Client Online Technology Support page.
If user doesn't access the VAIO Client Online Technology Support page to obtain updates, Sony cannot guarantee its working state and cannot provide corresponding technology support. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Please confirm whether there are new Updates on the VAIO Client Online Technology Support page.
- Once BIOS has been updated, it will not be able to restore to the original version.
Please update the preinstalled programs on the VAIO notebook to the latest version according to the environment of the VAIO notebook is being used..
|■||Update system via VAIO Update
If VAIO Update has been preinstalled on the computer, it is recommended to download and install Updates via VAIO Update.
Updates for preinstalled software and drivers provided by Sony can be obtained via VAIO Update.
|■||Download updates from the VAIO official user support page
If VAIO Update has not been preinstalled, please download updates from the VAIO official user support page.
When user accesses the VAIO Client Online Technology Support page, user can download updates for VAIO internal software and drivers provided by Sony.
|■||Perform Use Windows Update (Automatic Updates).
Windows Update can automatically search for, download and install updates (Automatic Updates) with high priority released by Microsoft.
By performing Windows Update, user can update Windows to the latest version.
In addition, users can manually download and install Windows updates.