What to do if no video is displayed when playing back an AVI video file using Windows Media Player or Windows Media Center?
Sound is heard properly but no video is displayed when playing movie content from the Web or a local AVI file using Windows Media Player or Windows Media Center.
Follow the below procedure to resolve the issue:
IMPORTANT: On computers that have the STAMINA and SPEED mode feature, the issue can be resolved by moving the performance selector switch to SPEED mode because the system uses the NVIDIA graphics adapter when in SPEED mode. To determine if the computer has this feature, consult the operating instructions supplied with the product.
1. Click the Start button and then click Control Panel.
2. In the Control Panel window, under Appearance and Personalization, click Adjust screen resolution.
3. In the Display Settings window, click the Advanced Settings button.
4. In the Advanced Settings window, click the Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator tab and then click the Graphics Properties... button.
5. In the Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator window, click on the Video Settings button.
6. In the Video Settings window, click on the Color Control tab and then click to uncheck the Enable Application Settings Override setting.
7. Click the OK button.
8. In the Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator window, click the OK button.
9. In the Advanced Settings window, click the OK button.
10. In the Display Settings window, click the OK button.
11. Close the Control Panel window.
12. Click the Start button and then click All Programs.
13. In the All Programs menu, click VAIO Control Center.
NOTE: If prompted for an administrator password or a User Account Control prompt is displayed, type the appropriate password or click Continue.
14. In the VAIO Control Center window, click
to expand the selection.
15. Under Display, click Video&Photo Color Setting.
16. In the Video&Photo Color Setting window, click to uncheck both Enable the Photo Color Setting and Enable the Video Color Setting.
17. Click the OK button.