This information is for the following models:
IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
About this download
SOUND FORGE Audio Studio 12 allows you to play and edit audio files recorded with your linear PCM recorder, imported from an audio CD, downloaded from a website or copied from your computer.
You can also burn an audio CD and enjoy a variety of features available in SOUND FORGE Audio Studio 12.
Before downloading and installing the software, please check the system requirements below to determine whether or not this program is compatible with your computer.
- Operating System:
- Windows® 10
- Windows® 8.1
- Windows® 7 (Service Pack 1 or later)
One of the above operating systems should be pre-installed by default. Any operating system other than those indicated above—including upgraded operating systems and multi-boot environments—are not supported.
- Processor 1.4 GHz or higher
- Memory (RAM):
- 512 MB or more
- Free hard disk space:
- 500 MB or more
- 1,024 x 768 pixels or higher
- USB port:
- A free USB port is required for using an external device or media
- Optical Drive:
- To create a music CD, you need a CD-R/RW drive
- Sound Forge is a trademark or registered trademark of MAGIX Software GmbH in the United States and other countries.
- Version 12.6
- 245 MB (257,586,224 byte)
How to check whether the installed OS is 32 bit or 64 bit
- Open the "Control Panel".
For Windows 10: Click the "Type here to search" bar at the bottom of the screen and type "Control Panel".
For Windows 8.1: Click the "Search icon" on the start menu and enter "Control panel".
For Windows 7: Open the "Control Panel" from start menu.
- Under all control panel items, click "System", then refer to "System type".
Step 1: Install the updateDouble-click the downloaded file below and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Soundforge_Audiostudio_12.6_x86.exe (for 32-bit operating systems)
- When the "SOUND FORGE Installation Language" window appears, select your desired language and click [OK].
- When the "Welcome to SOUND FORGE Audio Studio 12.6" window appears, read the statements by clicking [Change default settings] and [License agreements & Privacy Statement], then click [Agree and Install]. The "Installing SOUND FORGE Audio Studio 12.6" window appears and the installation starts.
- When the "You're done!" window appears, select the [Start SOUND FORGE Audio Studio 12.6 now] check box and click [Let's get started!].
Step 2: Start SOUND FORGE Audio Studio 12
- When the "Welcome!" window appears, click [Activate with serial number].
- Enter the serial number and your email address, then click [Activate & register immediately online].
The serial number is located on the manual included in the product.
- When the online product registration window appears, enter your registration information, then click [Complete the registration].
- When the registration is completed and "The program has been successfully activated." appears, click [OK].
SOUND FORGE Audio Studio 12.6 starts.