This information is for the following models:
IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
About this download
Benefits and improvements
- Improving the stability of operation and the level of security
- Improved stability of operation
Previous Benefits and Improvements
- Improved stability of operation
- The Disk writing module has been changed from PX Engineto the native operating system component Image Mastering API
- CD-Text is no longer supported, so the Titleand Artisttags can no longer be edited during disk creation
Overview of application
"Sound Organizer Ver.1.6.03" is a comprehensive audio application for importing, playing, and editing files recorded with a Sony IC recorder.
- Save/Add Files
- Files recorded with an IC recorder can be saved to a computer in file or folder units.
- Files saved in your computer can also be added to an IC recorder.
- Edit Files
- Files recorded with an IC recorder can be divided, edited, and combined with other files.
- Convert Files
- Files saved in your computer can be converted to WAV, MP3, or FLAC format.
- Create CDs/DVDs
- Files recorded from an IC recorder and other audio files can be written to a CD making it possible to create an audio CD, MP3 CD, or data disk (CD/DVD).
- Audio and MP3 CDs created with “Sound Organizer” can be played on your computer and also regular CD players.
- Record CDs
- Data from your commercial CDs can be converted to a format used by “Sound Organizer” and recorded/stored in your computer.
- Other Functions
- Edit track marks
- DPC (Digital Pitch Control) playback
- Voice Up playback
- Noise cut playback
- A-B repeat playback
- E-mail attachments
- Quick Operation Guide (on-screen guide / help)
- Automatic updates
Before downloading and installing the software, please check the system requirements below to determine whether or not this program is compatible with your computer.
- Operating System:
- Windows 11 (Home / Pro)
- Windows 10 (Home / Pro)
ver.1809 (October 2018 Update) or later
Windows 10 S, Windows 10 ARM version are not supported
- Windows 8.1 (Windows 8.1 / Windows 8.1 Pro)
- Processor 1.66 GHz or higher
- Memory (RAM):
- 1 GB or more for 32-bit version, 2 GB or more for 64-bit version
- Optical Drive:
- CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive (CD-R/RW or DVD-R/RW drive needed to create audio CDs, MP3 CDs, or data CDs/DVDs)
- 16-bit color, 800 x 600 resolution or higher
- Internet Connection:
- Required to use podcasts and Gracenote (information retrieval service for audio CDs)
- USB port, sound card
Use of this software with the following systems is not supported by Sony:
- Operating Systems other than those indicated above
- Personally constructed computers or operating systems
- Upgraded operating systems
- Multi-boot environments
- Multi-monitor environments
- Macintosh® computers
- Sound Organizer Ver.1.6.03
- Version 1.6.03
- 78.7MB (82,583,696 byte)
Check the software version
Start “Sound Organizer” and select About from the Help menu.
If the software is version "1.6.03" or above, you do not need to perform the update.
Before the update
Before downloading the software, please read the following carefully.
- Please follow the instructions listed here to install and run the software. Please do not run enable sleep or hibernation mode while “Sound Organizer” is running. Sony Corporation ("SONY") is not responsible for any problems that may occur as a result of neglecting the instructions listed here.
- Sony is not responsible in any way or form for damages that may occur to the customer or a third party as a result of the customer exercising his/her rights according to the license agreement of Sound Organizer unless there are separate laws stipulating matters.
- “Sound Organizer” is copy protected. Users may not replicate or distribute the software in any way or form not prescribed by Sony.
- If recorded messages are saved in the computer, it is strongly recommend that you backup the messages onto a CD-R/RW disc, or other external storage device, before installing this software.
- You are required to use the “Sound Organizer” version that supports your model. If you use a non-supported version with your IC recorder, it cannot display the information.
- During the installation of this file, be sure that you are logged in as the Administrator or as a user with Administrative rights.
- To ensure that no other program interferes with the installation, save all work and close all other programs.
- Read and agree to the terms and conditions
- Download the file to your computer
- Quit all software running on your computer
- Double click the saved file and follow the on-screen instructions
- When the message indicating the upgrade is complete is displayed, make sure that you have checked "Launch Sound Organizer Now", click the "Finish" button.
After the install procedure is complete, "Sound Organizer" will launch automatically.