This information is for the following models:
About this install
Benefits and improvements
- This utility installs the Sony USB Audio driver software for the USB-DAC function
- Windows 11
- Windows 10
- Windows 8.1
- Make sure to log on as Administrator to your computer.
- Do not turn off the computer until after the update is complete.
- Failure to follow the instructions, or an interruption in the update process, may cause issues with the software operation.
- If a Windows needs your permission to continue message appears in the User Account Control dialog box, click Continue to proceed.
- On the library screen of the player, tap or . Then when a message is displayed, tap OK.
- Connect the player to the computer via USB.
- Open the Device Manager window on your computer, then click the Sound, video and game controllers. Note: If Sony Audio is listed, the driver has already been installed on your computer.
- Right-click the WALKMAN and select the Properties.
- On the Driver tab, confirm the Driver Provider: Microsoft is displayed.
- Select the Update Driver and then click the Search automatically for drivers.
- Click the Search for updated drivers on Windows Update. Windows Update window appears.
- Select the Check for updates, and if the View optional updates will appear, click the message.
- Select the arrow next to Driver updates, select the Sony Corporation - MEDIA -, and then click the Download and install. Note: Sony Audio will be listed in the Sound, video and game controllers section of Device Manager.
- Right-click the Sony Audio and select the Properties.
- On the Driver tab, confirm the Driver Provider and the Driver Version.
- Driver Provider: Sony Corporation
- Driver Version: 22.214.171.12426
- The USB Audio driver installation is complete.
How to uninstall the driver software?
- Click Device Manager → Sound, video and game controllers. Then right-click the Sony Audio and select the Uninstall device.
- Select the Delete the driver software for this device check box, and then select Uninstall.