Check the following.
Because each of these steps represents a possible solution, check the function of the remote control after completing each step.
NOTE: If your remote control has the (IR) mark, it is an infrared remote control. However not all infrared remote controls has the (IR) mark.
- Confirm the location of the Infrared (IR) remote control sensor, then note the following points.
When using the remote, be sure to point it directly at the remote sensor on the device.
NOTE: Depending on the TV model, the IR sensor is located on the left at the bottom, middle, and right of the TV screen.
If there is an (IR) mark, the IR sensor is located next to the mark. For details, refer to the manual supplied with the product.
- Remove any obstacles that may be in the path between the remote and the device.
- Make sure that the remote infrared receiver / sensor located on the product, has not been covered or obscured by indoor plants or furnishings etcetera.
- When using a sound bar, make sure that it does not block the IR sensor of the TV.
- Glass enclosures, as well as fluorescent or halogen lights, may prevent the IR signal from reaching the TV.
- Low energy light bulbs have been known to interfere with remote frequencies. Try moving the products away from the lamp or the lamp away from the products.
- Make sure that a bright light or bright sunlight does not shine on the IR sensor.
Bright light and bright sun light can sometimes interfere with infrared signals, especially if the light is direct upon the IR sensor of the TV.
- Verify that the remote is sending an IR signal.
By looking at the transmission unit of the infrared remote control through the camera of a mobile phone or digital camera, you can check whether or not the remote control is operating normally.
- Update the TV software to the latest version.
There is a chance that symptoms may improve by updating to the latest software.
- Operate using the buttons on the TV or another remote.
- Download and update processes will take time.
The troubleshooting steps above should resolve the issue. If you completed all the steps and the issue is not resolved, service may be required or the remote may need replaced.